2016 Holiday Safety Updates
- Tree Safety:
- When purchasing an artificial tree, always look for labels that say “Fire Resistant”.
- When purchasing a live tree, be sure to check for freshness. Your tree should be a healthy shade of green with needles that are hard to pull from the branches, without breaking easily when bent between your fingers.
- Always situate your tree well away from fireplaces, radiators, and/or heaters.
- Decorative Lights:
- Only use Christmas lights which have been tested and recognized for conformity to safety standards. Use only lights that have fused plugs.
- Never use lighted candles on or near evergreens, and always use non-flammable candle holders which will not be knocked or fall down.
- Outdoor lights and decorations should be plugged into circuits protected by ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs). Portable outdoor GFCIs can be purchased where electrical supplies are sold. They can also be installed permanently inside by a qualified electrician.
4331 Old Hickory Blvd, Ste D
Old Hickory, TN 37138
PHONE: (615) 847-3669
FAX: (615) 847-3984
Mon: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Tues: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Wed: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Thurs: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM